References to the monastery's existence can found as far back as the 10th Century, although its origins appear to date back even further, to the 6th and 7th centuries. Inside, various styles can be seen from Romanesque to Baroque, and its three cloisters (Romanesque, Gothic and Renaissance in style) are not to be missed. These are the gate cloister, the kitchen cloister and the bishop?s cloister.
The latter is the only cloister in the whole of Galicia, aside from the Cathedral of Tuy, which is preserved exactly as it was originally built. Also of particular note are the Baroque façade which dates back to the 18th Century and the 3 monumental entrance stairs, which were added in 1739. The building was declared a historic artistic monument in 1923. The air-conditioned hotel offers 77 rooms in total and offers a lobby with 24-hour reception, lift access, a café, restaurant and a TV room.
Conference facilities and Internet/WLAN access are also offered. Guests arriving by car may wish to make use of the parking facilities.
Standard Room Services